MB Carsoft 7.4 is a good scanner for all benz before year 2004. It can read ecu and clean fault code. If you want to do new Mercedes Benz, you can pick up Mercedes Benz star diagnosis tool. This MB Carsoft 7.4 Can Only Test Cars Before 2004. If You Want To Test New Car Models, You Can Buy MB Star C3 Or C4.
MB Carsoft 7.4 Interface Description:
- MCU controlled Interface for Mercedes Benz Carsoft 7.4 brand new.
- you can read/erase all fault codes!
- read ECU information
Features in the software:
1. Live data analysis for ME (including O2 sensors) and EGS. But there’s no graphing capability like the one found on ELMSCAN. In any case, I don’t see myself driving around with the carsoft setup; you can’t close the hood with the 38 pin connector plugged in. I might get the ELMSCAN some day just for live engine analytics and graphing (the ELMSCAN plugs into the OBD-II connector; you can plug it in and drive the car. But you shouldn’t look at the laptop screen while driving. Have someone else drive the car while you observe the live data).
2. Ability to do “coding” for ME, Airbag, and D2B and to perform “adaptation erase” for EGS and ME (I haven’t tested these features.) I recall reading on another thread here that someone coded a new transmission control unit with carsoft. I don’t see that feature in the software.
3. Ability to reset service interval.
4. The software includes a glossary of all the MB acronyms such as PSE, EGS, etc. This was a big help for me. Also, as part of the live Airco analysis, it lists what all the 20 or so climate control diagnostic readings stand for.